GoKilppari! has had a packed schedule the last few weeks, as fall is in full force here in Finland!
Here are some photos of what we’ve been up to, and scroll down for some fall activities to do in the rain.
- We kicked off our Fall 2017 English classes: Private classes in Espoo, Public classes in Tuusula and Järvenpää and launched our online English classes, in collaboration with our international site www.gozango.net.
Here are the education materials we send to our online students!
- We participated in MLL Järvenpää’s Lastenpäivä, along with PikkuJätti, Sirkus Kia Ora, Tiedekerho Hoksaus, JäVo and Kengurumeininki!
- GoKilppari’s Suzan Alakas performed at Seppäläntalo as part of Järvenpää’s “Seniors Week”.
Dress up for the rain and pick 1 thing from this list to do with your child outside this week!
- Catch rain water in a bucket
- Collect and talk about some beautiful fallen leaves
- Wash your car
- Jump in puddles (yes, parents too!)
- Go looking for worms, snails, or frogs 😉
- Stand in the rain and appreciate it with all 5 senses:
- Sight: Look up, look down, look sideways and see how the rain falls
- Smell: Smell the fresh air
- Taste: Catch falling rain on your tongue
- Sound: Listen to the sound of raindrops falling or water dripping on different objects
- Touch: Feel the wetness of the water on different surfaces like grass, cement, mailbox, etc.
If you’d like to receive more activity ideas and ways to support your child’s English education, enter your email address on the left side of this page and you’ll receive our popular weekly email newsletter.
Have a great week!