*FAQs last revised on 14.03.2017.
1.What is GoKilppari?
GoKilppari is an English language music play class for 2-6 year olds and their responsible adult.
2. How long is each class?
Each class is 30 minutes long. (Long enough to sing and dance around to a few songs, short enough to hold a child’s attention!)
3. How often does the class meet?
The class meets once a week. Each semester is 10 weeks.
(There is a built in make-up week in case the teacher is sick or has an emergency and cannot hold the class.)
4. Where does the class meet?
Here are the classes available for the upcoming Kevätkausi 2017:
- Wednesdays 10.30-11.00 Tuusula
- Thursdays 17.00-17.30 Järvenpää
- If these times don’t work for you, we offer private classes between Espoo and Järvenpää. Please ask and we will do our best to work out a day and time. 🙂
5. What are the dates of the classes?
Spring 2017 will be Week 17-Week 27. Specific dates coming soon!
6. Are parents able to stay with their children during the class?
Yes, this is a class for both parents and children to enjoy! (Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate drop offs at this time.)
7. How is GoKilppari different than other music play schools?
GoKilppari is an English language class, specifially designed to introduce the top used English words in a high energy, musical environment. Our goal is to teach language through songs, while moving around, playing instruments and having fun! Along with our weekly classes, all students receive a music CD with the songs sung in class, and a custom activity book.
8. What if my child doesn’t like the class?
Give us a try for 2 weeks. Listen to the songs and try the workbook. If you aren’t completely satisfied after 2 classes, we will refund your money. That is our no-risk guarantee! We stand proudly behind our program and strive for 100% customer satisfaction. While we understand that this class is not for everyone, we encourage you to give us a try.
9. I heard that you offer scholarships for a free semester. Is this true?
Yes, we are committed to providing all children the opportunity to take our classes. We offer a 1 free, scholarship position each semester. If you are interested in applying, please send us an email at Suzan@GoKilppari.com, and we will send you the scholarship application form.
10. What does the name “GoKilppari” mean?
Literally translated, GoKilppari means Go Turtle. 🙂 We chose the name because we like turtles, especially sea turtles. Turtles may sometimes be slow, but they try very hard! “Go” is a great word, packed with energy and movement and positivity. Gooooooooo Kilppari!
11. Why do we have to fill out a questionnaire at the beginning of the semester?
Our Questionnaire serves many purposes.
- It allows us to better understand your child and meet their needs during the class
- It serves as a “before” snapshot so you can see your child’s language and development growth during the semester
- We will use the data collected in the questionnaire to create and improve upon future classes. All names will be anonymous when used for research.
12. Really, will my child learn English with this class? It’s only 30 minutes per week.
We have seen wonderful results with this program. And don’t just take our word for it, you can read student testimonials here.
13. Why do I have to sign up early? Can’t I join anytime?
The classes are a 10 week program with scheduled topics, songs, toys and games for each week. Each student receives a CD in the mail a week before classes start to become familiar with the songs. We’ve found that if children hear the songs before they arrive to the first class, they are much more comfortable and engaged during class. And please keep in mind, that while we request that you listen to the CD at least once per week, the more your child listens to the music, they faster they will be singing and speaking the words themselves. Almost like magic, but not quite. 😉
14. It would be great to watch a DVD of the class. Do you have one for sale?
Soon! We are working on finalizing the video for the GoKilppari! Green series, and are excited to offer the DVD later this spring.
If you have any questions that weren’t answered here, please email us at Suzan@GoKilppari.com so we can answer your question. We will continue to update this page as more questions are answered. Thanks!